Our property management services cover all areas and both commercial and residential property classes from large complex multi let properties and blocks of flats to single residential appartments. Our team of experts can provide advice throughout the UK on the full range of property management services.
Whether you are a property owner or a fund manager, we are able to assist with your property holding by maximising its capital value through experienced asset management whilst managing the properties liabilities and costs through effective property management.
Our property management teams can deliver an effective service that will maximise clients return from all of their property assets.
The key services that are provided within our typical property management instruction are:
- Rent collection
- Service charge budget and expenditure management
- Full Block Management service
- Ground rent management and collection
- Estate management and the management of public open spaces
- Financial management and statutory compliance
- Contractor and maintenance management
- Health & Safety and risk management
- Lease/tenancy compliance and enforcement
- Insurance management (buildings and contents)
- Client reporting and accounting
We manage single and multi let properties and portfolios of all types of property throughout the UK including:
- Blocks of Apartments (Block Management)
- Public Open Space
- Agricultural & Rural
Our property management team use their market knowledge to advice on the appropriate approach, to meet the individual client’s requirements.
Right to Manage
The Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002 allows disgruntled leaseholders to form their own Management Company, thus removing the Managing Agent currently managing the block allowing for more control over the running of the property. There is no requirement to prove fault with the current Landlord or Managing Agent.
Why not take your right to manage?
If you live in a block of flats and do not have a say in how your property is run then you may benefit from the Right to Manage Process. The Right to Manage may also allow you to benefit from a reduction in services charge costs and a superior value for money service.
The right is available to all flat-owners, in all blocks of flats, where they fulfil the following criteria:
- At least 50% of the flat owners within the physical block of flats must want to go through the processNo more than 25% of the block may be used for non-residential use (excluding car parks & common areas connected with the flats)
- At least 2/3rds of the flat owners within the physical block must have long leases (21 years at the time of issue)
If your block fulfils these criteria then it is likely you will be able to go through the Right To Manage process with 100% success. There are a number of technical legalities which can prevent some blocks proceeding through the Right to Manage process and you should discuss with the Barnsdales team beforehand whether to progress your claim and the timing of any claim.
We can also help and advise on the following, even where we do not manage the block:
- Lease extensions
- Enfranchisement of the freehold interest
- Right of First Refusal when a landlord forgets to serve section 5 Notices when selling ground rents
- Service charge and major works appeals
- Breach of landlord’s covenants
The process can be difficult to complete without specialist assistance, it is vital a Managing Agent like Barnsdales with experience of Right to Manage are appointed to guide leaseholders through the process utilising the services of an experienced solicitor in this field.
Barnsdales can assist you from start to finish whilst ensuring the lowest rates possible.
Our property management team also integrate with other departments across our diverse business, but most importantly our residential & commercial lettings teams and our professional services department.